12 Sep 2016
Geoimage honoured at the 2016 Queensland Spatial Excellence Awards
Sylvia Michael awarded 2016 Professional of the Year
Sylvia Michael, Geospatial Processing & Technical Solutions Manager at Geoimage, has been recognised as 2016 Professional of the Year at the SSSI / SIBA Queensland Spatial Excellence Awards gala on September 2nd.
The award celebrates the outstanding achievements of top individuals working in the spatial industries, whose professional achievements exemplify the highest standards of excellence and ethical conduct.
Sylvia was nominated by colleague, Mr Peter Kinne from DigitalGlobe, and acknowledged in citation from staff, former employees and peers. In Peter’s submission, Sylvia is quoted as being “one of the brightest minds in Australia’s geospatial sciences industry”, having worked in the industry since commercial satellite imagery first came to market.
Geoimage General Manager, Mark Edwards, described Sylvia as an exceptional individual with unrivaled ability and passion in her work for the spatial sciences.
“Possible of foremost significance is that Sylvia’s dedication is not about self-gratification, but rather a genuine pursuit of advancing our industry, achieving exceptional outcomes, and passion for the spatial sciences,” Mark said.
Another notable reference was received from Professor Stuart Phinn, from University of Queensland, who said: “A large number of us have successful, agencies, institutions and careers because of the work Sylvia has supported. Without this input Australia’s Earth Observation capability would not be where it is today”.
Geoimage was also acknowledged in award categories:
- Finalist: Innovation and Commercialisation Award for Geoimage's Shortwave Infrared (SWIR) Wavelengths Solutions.
- Finalist: Environment and Sustainability Award for Classification of Mangrove Species case study.
The team at Geoimage would like to congratulate the award winners and finalists for all categories, details on SIBA's website.
To learn more about Geoimage's services and recent projects, please call Sylvia Michael on 07 3319 4990 or email: email@example.com.
Photo (left-to-right): Mark Edwards, Sylvia Michael and Peter Kinne at the QSEA Gala Dinner.
- Case Study: Use of Satellite Imagery in the Classification of Mangrove Species
- Geoimage Welcomes Enterprise Software Solutions Manager
- Brisbane Workshop: New Frontiers in Land Analysis
- Join us at DigitalGlobe's User Conference in Sydney this week
- Geoimage joins DigitalGlobe for WorldView-4 satellite launch
- Geoimage honoured at the 2016 Queensland Spatial Excellence Awards
- Geoimage announces Locate16 competition winner
- Geoimage uses SWIR technology to give you the competitive advantage
- Create an innovative Hexagon Smart M.App that can change the world
- Week 4 of our SWIR series is now available