14 Sep 2016
Geoimage joins DigitalGlobe for WorldView-4 satellite launch
Geoimage is delighted to join DigitalGlobe for the launch of WorldView-4 (WV-4), the newest high-resolution, highly accurate commercial satellite to join the world’s leading constellation.
The scheduled launch date is this Friday, 16 September* at the Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United States.
Geoimage’s Geospatial processing team is looking forward to the enhanced capability that comes with the WV-4 launch.
“At Geoimage, we have seen 30cm data and 50cm digital elevation models (DEMS) to be a real game changer since the launch of WorldView-3 satellite,” said Sylvia Michael, Geospatial Processing & Technical Solutions Manager.
“Now with the launch of WV-4, it will allow twice the amount of capture at 30cm Resolution, and therefore double the access to 50cm DEMs (With WV-3 and WV-4).
“This means quicker captures, more coverage and unmatched quality in high resolution satellite data,” Ms Michael said.
The launch will be attended by Mark Edwards, General Manager, and Tony Evans, Director who are among the privileged few from companies, dignitaries and government agencies around the globe invited to the launch.
“Geoimage has a long history partnering with DigitalGlobe to access their high resolution imagery to assist our clients across Mining, Agricultural, Engineering, Environmental and other real world applications,” Mr Edwards said.
“Our Geospatial processing specialists are committed to translating our innovation and new spatial technologies into solutions that deliver greater efficiency, lower costs and improved outcomes for clients”.
The WV-4 joins DigitalGlobe’s constellation of WorldView 1, 2, 3, & 4, GeoEye-1 and QuickBird2 satellites.
For more information about the launch, please visit DigitalGlobe WorldView-4 website, here: http://bit.ly/2cqFapY.
* Launch date and time subject to change.
[Photo: WorldView-4 satellite, DigitalGlobe]
- There’s Never Been a Better Time for Mining & Exploration to Enjoy the Power of SWIR
- Geoimage renews reseller status with Airbus
- Limited Time AW3D Promotional Offer
- Geoimage Christmas Closure 2019/2020
- Geoimage partnership delivers high resolution satellite image mosaics to NSW Government
- Tailings Storage Facilities - Introducing JBgeoimage’s SMM Services + atlasTSF
- 3.7m SWIR Available July 2019
- Geoimage on the RADAR
- SATELLITE IMAGERY / DATA ANALYTICS SET FOR A BIG YEAR IN 2019 AND BEYOND
- Using our Satellite Imagery Services to help the Australian Antarctic Division