SWIR (shortwave infrared)
Geoimage uses SWIR (shortwave infrared) technology to extract real world information that will assist you and your business to make smart decisions. SWIR can differentiate between ground materials through automated information extraction. The SWIR sensor enhances the value of imagery by enabling the detection of specific mineral content and species of vegetation through signatures not identifiable with the naked eye.
The benefits of collecting reflective data in these wavelengths are vast as the measurements can help reveal the mineral content of rocks, the moisture of soil, the health and species of vegetation, the physical composition of building materials and thousands of other invisible details. This spectral information is visible to the digital sensor because of the energy reflectance it measures.
- Mining exploration companies can save millions of dollars with an improved ability to identify ore bodies during their exploration phase.
- Identify unique minerals and chemical measurements.
- Manage downstream operations around your key assets.
- Improve efficiencies and adopt new lean process management functions.
- More spectral bands and ever-increasing resolution means more information.
Before and after
Natural vs SWIR Imagery
What we can do
We can provide multispectral analysis, giving you various imagery options to identify materials and objects not usually visible to the naked eye.