The successor of QuickBird-2, WorldView-1 was launched on the 18th September 2007, and is owned and operated by Maxar Technologies.
The first of the WorldView series is WorldView-1 with an average revisit time of 1.7 days. WorldView-1 captures stunning panchromatic imagery at 50cm high resolution and is capable of collecting imagery of up to 750,000 km² per day. The satellite is also equipped with state-of-the-art geolocation accuracy capabilities and exhibits advanced agility with rapid targeting and efficient in-track stereo collection.
Features and Benefits
- Agility for rapid targeting and efficient geolocation accuracy.
- Has a swath width of 17.6km at nadir.
- High resolution 50cm imagery.
- Bi-directional scanning.
- Images can be acquired at low light levels, extending the range of imaging collection targets.
- High detail remote area mapping.
6.5m CE90 at nadir
Panchromatic: 400-900 nm
Up to 750,000 km² per day